HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. Empty
PostSubject: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:25 pm

So, I tried something like this in TNL when I was a GM. A few who were there would probably tell you it was an abject failure, and they'd be right.

HOWEVER! I thought I'd bring it up here. My idea was to have a 24/7 rule on what was the No Limits Division Title (I think that was the name of it) and I think that I said people could contact me at any point on a card and say that they'd like to challenge, and I'd talk to the champion and let them know. It didn't work out that way. Or at all.

But for some reason, I was thinking about it again today. I thought the way it could work is that the champion is challenged by someone and given a location, and from the time the challenge is accepted, the two competitors have maybe like an hour or two to write a short match, and the best one wins. It could be something along the lines of "so-and-so attacks Riley Williamson in the parking lot with a steel pipe... Do you accept a challenge for the Hardcore Title right now?" Or something like that.

It'd be up to the champion whether he accepts, and for the sake of fairness, he can only be challenged once every two weeks, so he's not bombarded by challenges left right and centre. For greater control, we could implement title brackets for the roster, so we can have a few contenders under each title, and only the contenders for the HC title can challenge under the 24/7 rule.

Now, I'm not campaigning for this, but I thought I'd see what you guys think of the idea. The premise of it would to be to add a little bit more excitement to holding the HC title. Nothing else would be changed, though. The title would still be booked the same way as it is now, just with the 24/7 rule.

Have at it. Tell me what you think of it. Call me names and pull my hair. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:28 pm

I think it'd be a bit too complicated and would just lead to short, rushed matches that aren't very good. Just my opinion on it, personally, although I like that you came to us with an idea.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Giggity Gopher wrote:
...would just lead to short, rushed matches that aren't very good.

That would likely be the biggest pitfall of it, unfortunately.

I suppose that the deadlines could be played with a little. But yeah, good point. Thanks for the reply. Smile
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Chloe 
Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:44 pm

I enjoy the creativity and the fact that it gives the HC title some sort of special role, but I agree that it sounds better on paper and would be difficult to implement.
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Smile
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:57 pm

"Spyro has broken into Riley Williamson's house. He stares at him whilst he sleeps. He lies atop of him, smothering the victim with a pillow. The referee begins the count..."
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Funny
Back to top Go down
Riley Williamson
Main Eventer
Riley Williamson

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Got Meth? wrote:
"Spyro has broken into Riley Williamson's house. He stares at him whilst he sleeps. He lies atop of him, smothering the victim with a pillow. The referee begins the count..."

Cheater! Mad as hell

*Whilst Spyro chokes Riley, The Hardcore Champion lifts his leg up and kicks Spyro in the testicles. as he falls down, Riley pins him for the 1.2..3...* afro Harold
Back to top Go down
http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Riley_Williamson
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:24 pm

*Jared Jerusalem breaks the window! Jerusalemania is running wild! It's now a triple threat match bah gawd!* Funny 

I like this idea too. But like the previous guys said, it'd seem hard to implement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:48 pm

I like your idea Kani, However I do agree with the others on how it possibly might work. However, Could we make it like the Lion Heart title and gets defended every week?
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 10:09 pm

I just think Kani wants to kill Riley. Funny
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 11:23 pm

This idea would work if we still had turn-based fedding here.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 11:23 pm

Still? I didn't know we ever did. Indifferent
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 3:37 am

2WWF wasn't turn-based?
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 4:44 am

Yeah, the reasons above are why I never fully adopted this idea in TNL. The chances are matches would get silly and rushed far too often.

The only way you can really have a 24/7 type rule in a match writing fed, is by having the title defended every single card like we had the Hardcore Title do in SIW...but even then that became too hard when someone punching below their weight held the belt, meaning they were kind of held back really.

I personally love the idea of having a 24/7 rule on the title, but it'd be too difficult to do, without the title becoming a Mickey Mouse one. Shame really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.   Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title. Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea I had for a 24/7 Rule on the Hardcore Title.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1