Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer   Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Toughest in MK, quite possibly. MKII Arcade Version is still the hardest fighting game I have ever played from that era and in that series.

Toughest in any game, however? No. As long as Namco is a company, MK probably won't even come close to toughest ever. The end boss of Tekken 5 was the cause of a hole nearly a foot wide in my old bedroom wall, and the bosses of each Tekken and Soul Calibur game since Tekken 5 have gotten interchangeably and incrementally harder to the point of retardation.

Azazel in Tekken 6 is probably the epitome of this. To casual players, Nightmare in SC5 is as well, though there is a way to beat him that you figure out after awhile.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer   Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:06 pm

I've actually never played any of those games (Soul Caliber/Tekken), although I have played just about all the Mortal Kombat games, and I remember the horror of facing Shao Khan in MK2. Funny Much harder than Goro or Shang Tsung.
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer   Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Kintaro and Kahn in MK2 are just brutal.

Also, harder than the final fight in Story Mode is the final fight in MK9's challenge tower. You pick a character and then fight... I believe Baraka, Goro, Kintaro, and Shao Kahn on a single life bar. Have fun with that. >_> I never beat it. I paid koins to skip it.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer   Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Fuck every ounce of that idea.
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer   Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Rob wrote:
^ I distinctly recall Ermac being one of the people that I very quickly had to figure out how to punish because of his mass amount of hovering bullshit, lol.

And yes, that teleport eventually lead me to victory. The timing of it, however, is stupidly precise because if you go too early, he'll turn around mid-animation and hit you anyway, and if you're too late, he'll just turn and hit you again.

If you're looking for full cheese, I gun spammed him with Stryker for two straight rounds simply out of spite after beating story mode

Uppercut then double step back, he'll either throw ranged attacks which are easy to block/dodge or he'll taunt. When he's taunting is when you attack again Razz

And that hovering bullshit is why you can do retardedly long combos with Ermac leading into an X-Ray. Stupidly overpowered if you can learn his moveset.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer   Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Rob wrote:
You pick a character and then fight... I believe Baraka, Goro, Kintaro, and Shao Kahn on a single life bar.
panic
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer   Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 6:50 am

Got Meth? wrote:
And that hovering bullshit is why you can do retardedly long combos with Ermac leading into an X-Ray. Stupidly overpowered if you can learn his moveset.

lol fair enough. I recall being able to do something similar with Sonya at one point in time (though I no longer remember how) where a certain combo into her X-Ray hits for 47%.

In regards to the Kahn fight, yes, I eventually figured out how to fight him. But when I first got the game, he was near-impossible.

I did eventually get to the point where I enjoyed trolling him by beating him with the stupidest possible move to cause that slow-mo animation, like Rain's water beam thing that looks like he's pissing out his hand, Cage's nut punch, Ermac & Jax's ground smashes, Raiden's flying body attack, etc.

EDIT: Before I forget, my greatest achievement on that front was killing Kahn with Stryker's flashlight in his X-Ray.

The SC5 example is the same deal as my initial frustration with Kahn, my first response to fighting Nightmare in that game was "What the actual fuck" because once he starts hitting you he doesn't stop and the round is over within second because of his broken-ass damage outputs.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer   Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:59 am

Just caught this today. I was a big fan of the original MK for the Sega but I honestly don't care about this kind of game anymore. If I bought a next gen system it'd be something I rented... maybe.

I think the trailer looks sweet tho

And... if they wanted to make another MK movie, I'd be in for that. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer   Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 5:10 am

I'm still waiting for them to continue that MK youtube series...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer   Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Mortal Kombat X (10) Launch Trailer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2