HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  Empty
PostSubject: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySat May 31, 2014 11:17 pm

What I mean by this is it seems like Fans expect too much from the wrestlers in the matches. Like it has to be fast pace, alot of high spots, little to no real actual selling and what not. Like they demand every match has to be better, risky and more "WOW" then their previous match. If Wrestlers don't met this certain expectation they get shit on. Like Mr. Anderson, Ryback, Big E. Anderson isn't doing outside dives, 900 splash, spinning flipping drivers. No his style is that of a hurky jerky brawler, which seems to be frowned upon. Ryback and Now even Big E get shit on because they are powerhouses, which means their matches are more slow paced. Even tho Ryback and Big E have done some awesome shit using their power, they still get shit on.
Not every wrestler should be the same, it would be boring as shit if it was. Not every fucking match has to be MOTY.
With this desire of seeing more more more with the wow shit in the move parts, you see guys task unneeded bumps on Raw, smackdowns, even fucking Superstar. Wrestlers know this is what fans are expecting so they are doing this shit to please you at the risk of hurting, or ending their careers or worse lives.
Not saying they should cut it out of wrestling, but maybe it should be toned down a bit especially on RAW, Smackdown ect ect. Have more focus on actually wowing fans with the story that is going on and not risking their lives to wow them with the high spots.
Back to top Go down
Xander Cage
Jobber
Xander Cage

Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySat May 31, 2014 11:52 pm

That would mean reconditioning people, but as long as WWE has money coming in for a shitty product, they will see no need to change. There is not another federation that is big enough to make WWE change there style. It does ruin a match when neither wrestler is selling or pretending that they are supermen. Now I will not lie I love watching high flyers go at it in the ring, with crazy and insane moves but I also like the strong stiff guys. But again I also like to see the two wrestlers tell a story while they are working as well.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 3:04 am

Well the match needs to be entertaining if you can't make me care about what the finish is going to be.

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 11:52 am

You know whats annoying? When people are bitching about wrestling matches and the first thing they go to is "YOU DONT NEED TO DO 450 FLIPS AND DIVES OUTSIDE THE RING". You people do realize theres more to wrestling matches than just high spots? Also, guys like Anderson and Ryback are shit on not because they dont do those moves...its because they fucking suck in general.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 11:55 am

It's not about guys just being brawlers. Mark Henry is a brawler, and people like him. It's about being good at it.

Ken Anderson is the opposite of good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:02 pm

henry, Luke Harper, Roman Reigns, theyre all big guys and theyre all loved, so right there it goes against the whole thought process of this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Mink wrote:
It's not about guys just being brawlers. Mark Henry is a brawler, and people like him. It's about being good at it.

Ken Anderson is the opposite of good.

WHat makes Anderson so bad? Really what makes him bad? He has a good moveset, he is good on the mic, and always makes for an awesome heel. Why is he so bad to you?
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:47 pm

I can't name a single Anderson move other than his finisher, and he's boring on the mic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:53 pm

Mink wrote:
I can't name a single Anderson move other than his finisher, and he's boring on the mic.

His spinning enzuigiri, His Kenton Bomb, He done piledrivers, DDTs, Dropkicks (even from the top rope) Armbars, powerbombs ect ect. Yeah maybe his mic skills might be to your taste but I find Anderson when he is being a heel very entertaining on the mic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:54 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
Well the match needs to be entertaining if you can't make me care about what the finish is going to be.

I am not saying they shouldn't be that way, but maybe tone it down on the TV shows and save it for PPVs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Axel wrote:
henry, Luke Harper, Roman Reigns, theyre all big guys and theyre all loved, so right there it goes against the whole thought process of this.

I will give you them, however Luke and Reigns are more fast paced big guys. Henry has busted his ass for years for WWE so people respect that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:58 pm

Bull is a Rosebud! wrote:
Mink wrote:

His spinning  enzuigiri, His Kenton Bomb, He done piledrivers, DDTs, Dropkicks (even from the top rope) Armbars, powerbombs ect ect. Yeah maybe his mic skills might be to your taste but I find Anderson when he is being a heel very entertaining on the mic

You just named moves half the people do in their movesets lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:59 pm

So what
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 1:01 pm

Bull is a Rosebud! wrote:
Mink wrote:

His spinning  enzuigiri, His Kenton Bomb, He done piledrivers, DDTs, Dropkicks (even from the top rope) Armbars, powerbombs ect ect. Yeah maybe his mic skills might be to your taste but I find Anderson when he is being a heel very entertaining on the mic

I was probably asleep when he did most of those.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 1:04 pm

well I guess I will have to respect your opinion on him, but I do think you can be hard on him.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 1:06 pm

I find Anderson insanely boring and even more overrated. That's why I don't like him.

I'm not the type of person you're referring to in your rant, seeing as I dont care as much about pure wrestling alone, but more about mic skills and who entertains me, but wrestlers should be able to at least put on a good match every now and then. Not just that, but be able to get through a match. When I see people like David Otunga wrestling insanely horribly, it makes me wonder why they're there at all. At the same time, not everyone has to be a Daniel Bryan.

Also, I always like/dislike wrestlers based on whether they entertain me personally or not. I don't care about how they are backstage, or if they dont work as hard as everyone else, or if they're not pure wrestlers, etc. etc. I only care about how they entertain me and only that alone. Lesnar is somewhat an exception, but that's cause he ended the streak and didnt deserve it. At the same time, Lesnar hasn't entertained me at all since returning. He's done a few cool promos here and there, but his matches have been very sub-par aside from Lesnar/Punk. If a wrestler can't entertain me, I don't like him. I don't like Ziggler because he doesn't entertain me, yet I love Ryback because he does. Ziggler is a much better in-ring wrestler than Ryback, and yet I dont like him and prefer Ryback. I love Batista, Triple H, Orton, etc. I couldn't care any less if Triple H "only got over cause he married the boss's daughter and then buried everyone omg!" - he's an awesome character and I've always loved seeing him, whether a heel or a face. I dont care if "Sheamus/Batista/Orton only got big cause they're friends with Triple H", they entertain me, so I like them. That's me.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 1:12 pm

^ wasn't really trying to class you into it and yeah you have all the rights to like who you wanna like. But I am more going after people who stick with the one style and make it seem like it's the most important thing. When it really should be about telling a story while putting on a good match. But also trying to not go out there every night taking unneeded risk for shows like Main event or superstars. Leave it for PPVs.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 5:21 pm

No fans aren't too demanding. Wrestling is called wrestling because there is supposed to be wrestling.

Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  FJBloTX
Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 5:33 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:01 pm

Ianlovesfozzy wrote:
No fans aren't too demanding. Wrestling is called wrestling because there is supposed to be wrestling.

There is more to wrestling than just wrestling. You have to have a balance of Storytelling in there. I mean yeah it's great watching them do this amazing stuff...but at the end of the day it is staged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Ianlovesfozzy wrote:

This. 1000000000x this.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:33 pm

Dead wrote:
Ianlovesfozzy wrote:

This. 1000000000x this.
I think some crowds are demanding. They want to be entertained and they like a certain style. Let's see how hostile the New York crowd is going to be during the upcoming Impact tapings.

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Who doesnt want to be entertained? If you're going to a show you want your expectations to be high. Im sure people dont go to shows sitting on their hands going "boy, i wonder how good this show is going to be" lol
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:53 pm

There are crowds that are really silent Funny

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 12:52 pm

I have stated this time and time again. Wrestling is like theater, each storyline is like a mini play or a mini movie. The wrestling itself is like the action scenes. Now would you rather watch Transformers with action action action out the butthole, or would you rather watch the dark knight that has awesome story telling to each action scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling    Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling  Empty

Back to top Go down

Are fans too focused and too demanding on the actual wrestling in wrestling

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next