HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  Empty
PostSubject: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptySun May 11, 2014 9:46 pm

DAVIE, Fla. -- It has not been a banner week for Miami Dolphins players on social media.

As much as the Dolphins have addressed all that went wrong in the locker room last year, the area of social media apparently still needs work, writes James Walker. Story

Just 48 hours after Pro Bowl center Mike Pouncey found himself in hot water over recent Twitter comments, Dolphins second-year player Don Jones tweeted a controversial reaction to the St. Louis Rams drafting Michael Sam, who became the first openly gay player drafted in the NFL.

Soon after Sam was drafted, Jones tweeted "OMG" and "horrible." Those tweets since have been deleted.

Television cameras showed Sam kissing his boyfriend after the former Missouri star received a phone call from the Rams.

Following last year's issues with Miami's locker-room culture, Jones' tweet was enough to catch the attention of Dolphins general manager Dennis Hickey.

Dolphins general manager Dennis Hickey on Don Jones' apparent anti-Michael Sam tweet:

"That's not what we stand for as an organization."

"I was made aware of it and I was disappointed in those comments," Hickey said Saturday night. "That's not what we stand for as an organization. The draft weekend is a culmination for so many players, their lifetime achievement of their dream to achieve a goal for
Michael Sam and all the other players.

"It's a celebration. ... I think it's a great thing for the league."

Hickey also said the team plans to "sit down with Don Jones and address [the comments] and handle it appropriately."

Jones became the second Dolphins player in the past several days to make controversial statements on social media. When Miami drafted first-round pick Ja'Wuan James on Thursday, Pouncey tweeted "I can't wait for our gifts he's getting us." The comment was in poor taste following the Ted Wells report last February, where Pouncey and former teammates Richie Incognito and John Jerry were cited for bullying and harassing former Dolphin Jonathan Martin.

Pouncey shut down his Twitter account after meeting with the Dolphins' brass this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptySun May 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Dolphin's locker room has not learned a thing. Must be difficult for most young players coming into that locker room Fail!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptySun May 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Incognito's influence on treating others like crap has rubbed off on the rest of the team it seems
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptySun May 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Dammit Miami. Fail!
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptyMon May 12, 2014 12:19 am

They shouldn't let NFL players have twitters. Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptyMon May 12, 2014 12:43 am

Let's not go too far. shifty
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptyMon May 12, 2014 12:47 am

I don't think Pouncey's comment was bad at all, just not smart to say it after all the Incognito/Martin controversy.

Jones' was worse but still nothing too bad. I mean Sam has a right to celebrate that moment as he wants but it WAS kinda weird and uneasy to see that televised even for people who have nothing against homosexuals. Again mainly a case of something that just shouldn't be said on social media, especially with the situation of the Dolphins' lockerroom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptyMon May 12, 2014 1:11 am

I believe it was discriminant and very offensive IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptyMon May 12, 2014 1:37 pm

Saying "horrible" isnt THAT offensive unless he added more to it. Its more of a very stupid thing to say if anything else.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:40 am

It's both stupid and offensive IMO. I don't want to see two men kissing because i'm straight, but who gives a fuck what I prefer, we should live in a society of acceptance.

Last edited by El Tri on Tue May 13, 2014 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:46 am

While I also don't enjoy seeing two men kiss - not because I dont agree with homosexuality, but because I would rather not see that - it is no different than a guy and a girl kissing, and he has every right to do that, just like any other player does.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptyTue May 13, 2014 1:56 am

Hold on guys.

Did Mexi, in all seriousness...

...just say "mans"? ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptyTue May 13, 2014 2:03 am

Shit I didn't even catch that. Funny

Fixed. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Fuck you mans. Shaking Head

But yeah that would've been a really awkward moment for many, but at the same time that doesn't mean these guys should be bashing him for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet    Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet  Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Dolphins player under fire after recent anti-Michael Sam Tweet

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1