HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Godzilla Creators Respond to 'Fat' Attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Godzilla Creators Respond to 'Fat' Attack Empty
PostSubject: Godzilla Creators Respond to 'Fat' Attack   Godzilla Creators Respond to 'Fat' Attack EmptySat May 10, 2014 8:08 am

We're a week away from Godzilla's theatrical release. As the days approach, fan anticipation grows more and more fevered. As we reported earlier this week, however,  some Japanese fans of the original film series have said they are "annoyed with how fat the monster appears in the American trailer" - claiming online that America had "done a ‘super-size me." Other names reportedly posted were "calorie monster” and “Godzilla Deluxe.” One comment, claimed “He’s so fat, I laughed.”

We recently sat down with Godzilla star Ken Watanabe, director Gareth Edwards, and Legendary Pictures Thomas Tull to get their response to the "fatzilla" hubbub.

"I think two people in Japan said that," Edwards said, "But let's pretend it's the whole world for a moment. I just think it's comments like that that give giant monsters an image complex." Adding, "That's what makes him angry in the first place."

"We think our Godzilla is just right and we're not asking him to go on a diet, even for the red carpet," Tull went on to say.

"He's getting some good exercise," Watanabe concluded, closing the door on the monster's need to trim down.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/10/godzilla-creators-hes-not-fat
Back to top Go down

Godzilla Creators Respond to 'Fat' Attack

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1