HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels Empty
PostSubject: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 7:09 pm

Jim Ross ✔ @JRsBBQ Follow
What traits must a top TV wrestling villain possess 2 motivate ticket buyers 2 invest in seeing villain get their ass whipped? Who gets it?

If pro wrestling villains rarely cheat, have abundant, redeeming social qualities, they're not villains. Stop BS'ing yourself.

Pro wrestling villains must have rules to break. What're moves are illegal? Fewer & fewer. That fine gray line between goid/evil is a joke.

“@miles_halverson: @JRsBBQ he has to be someone you love to hate. And what creates that emotion?
“@David_Spiegel: @jrsbbq so you mean Cesaro?” What does Cesaro do to cheat, gain unfair advantages? Nothing of consequence. Same 4 Lesnar

I'd estimate that half of today's TV wrestling heels aren't equipped ie guts & toughness to be great villains. Most had rather be cool.

“@Phil_Danielson: @Live2WinFitness @JRsBB It's the "reality era. "Just shades of gray.” Shades of gray sound good. Where has it worked?

“@itsletsmakeout: @JRsBBQ so how do you feel about the Wyatt Family? dying to know #booking101” Cannot allow to become too cool.

“@Bauer_316: @JRsBBQ How do you feel about so-called "tweeners? Generally don't draw a dime.

TV wrestling villains must lie, selectively be a coward, be a bully when they can, gain unfair advantages bitch & moan, & disrespect fans

Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 7:14 pm

He's right. But the larger problem is that a most of these "heels" are getting larger positive reactions than a lot of the faces IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 7:18 pm

I blame a lot of that on the booking of heels and faces these days. Babyfaces really have no real challenges to over come, it's the heels who have to go through the challenges now. Most of the time the faces will go over in a match and are the ones winning most of the matches in the so called "feuds" these days at least among the mid card. So who should fans get behind guys who will most likely win, it's the bad guy who needs the support.

And the grey area isn't real. WWE is still booking people as heels and faces no matter what they say, heels and faces can't be gotten rid of.
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 9:46 pm

He wants every heel to be like Magnus. Neutral

Isn't Bo Dallas a true heel? Because everybody boos that annoying fuck.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 2:34 am

JR is amazing. He is right.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptyThu May 01, 2014 4:04 am

When I think of true heels, I remember Drew McIntyre when he was the Chosen One. I enjoyed him harassing Teddy Long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:54 pm

I tried to find his tweets on Twitter so I could favourite and RT the best ones. I agree with all of it.

They need to make a heel with no redeeming qualities. It annoys me when a heel has a cheersquad.

Unintentionally, Bo Dallas is nearest to that. They should run with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:57 pm

Bull is a Rosebud! wrote:
I blame a lot of that on the booking of heels and faces these days. Babyfaces really have no real challenges to over come, it's the heels who have to go through the challenges now. Most of the time the faces will go over in a match and are the ones winning most of the matches in the so called "feuds" these days at least among the mid card. So who should fans get behind guys who will most likely win, it's the bad guy who needs the support.

And the grey area isn't real. WWE is still booking people as heels and faces no matter what they say, heels and faces can't be gotten rid of.

True. Fuck the grey area.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptySun May 04, 2014 8:06 am

Is Bo Dallas boo'd because he's a "true heel"...or because he sucks balls? I think the latter...same for Batista really. He got boo'd because they didn't want him around lol.

The definition of a "true heel" is Triple H from 1999 onwards.

Not many people are interested in the hero these days, I think. When people watch a superhero movie, they come out of watching it usually more hyped for the villain ala The Joker. Just how it goes these days I think. Plus I'm not sure the heels ever do that much of heelish acts anymore. Stuff like what Kane did to Bryan the other week was heelish and Bully Ray and Roode are two of the few that managed to get heat from the audience watching in recent years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:52 am

Bo Dallas gets booed because nobody wants him there. Heat like that isnt good, no matter which way you slice it.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptySun May 04, 2014 12:25 pm

aka X-Pac heat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptySun May 04, 2014 12:59 pm

I like hating Bo Dallas, but maybe that's just me. He's just a fun guy to hate, and I'm hyped as fuck to hate him on Raw and SmackDown.

Bo does fit the model of the cowardly heel J.R. seems to be referring to. He tries to get out of tough matches (Sami Zayne), blames other people for his problems, and is completely oblivious to crowd reactions as an added bonus. The character is great, the only downside to him is he's a charisma black hole and still pretty green, but I think even those drawbacks add to his character.  I don\'t know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:26 pm

Bo is an awesome heel. Yeah he isn't the best in the ring (but I never truly cared if you could only do 5 or 100) but Bo is a true heel.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:42 pm

I would prefer a heel get dirty/cheap/x-pac heat over getting cheered. Funny

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:44 pm

^
That's only because we boo you everyday Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:49 pm

BoXtreme Sad

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:30 pm

When it comes to the actual home grown talent for their heel, they should have them not break kayfade. Tell them to act like douche bags on twitter, make sure of the others guys. (especially the Internet favorites) Some fans will catch on, but most will be stupid to believe it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels   Jim Ross Goes off on lack of  TrueHeels Empty

Back to top Go down

Jim Ross Goes off on lack of TrueHeels

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1