HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BioShock movie domains registered by Sony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

BioShock movie domains registered by Sony Empty
PostSubject: BioShock movie domains registered by Sony   BioShock movie domains registered by Sony EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 7:45 am

Sony Pictures has registered a number of BioShock movie-related domains.

Kotaku discovered that bioshock-movie.com, bioshock-movie.net, and bio-shock.net have all been snapped up by the studio in the past month.

Universal had previously been linked to an adaptation of the 2007 first-person shooter, but the project was hit with multiple setbacks, including disputes over awarding it an R rating and the departure of two directors.

Series creator Ken Levine then put a dampener on fan hopes, after admitting he had made the decision to "kill" the project last year.

"
It's weird, having been a scriptwriter... begging for any rewrite of a script, to then [go to] being in the position where you're killing a movie of one of the things you've worked so much on," he told the audience at a 2013 BAFTA Q&A for BioShock Infinite.

"It was saying... I don't need to compromise... I had the world.

"The [BioShock] world existed, and I didn't want to see it done in a way I didn't think was right."

Yet following the completion of BioShock Infinite's DLC release and the dissolution of Irrational Games, Levine promised that as well as penning a remake of Logan's Run, he would re-approach the screenplay for the Rapture's big screen debut.

"It may happen, someday, who knows," he added at the event, "but it would have to be the right combination of people."

Sony is currently working on a number of game-to-film adaptations, including Watch Dogs, Uncharted, Gran Turismo and The Last of Us.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

BioShock movie domains registered by Sony

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1